Wednesday 13 August 2014

Celine Dion postpones tour to take care of health, husband

Celine Dion is postponing her tour so she can tend to her health, along with her husband and their three children.



The 46-year-old singer has been battling an illness that has "caused inflammation in her throat muscles," a statement explained on Wednesday.

She's also trying to care for her husband, Rene, who had a cancerous tumor removed last December. The statement noted that "it's been a very difficult and stressful time for the couple as they deal with the day-to-day challenges of fighting this disease while trying to juggle a very active show business schedule, and raise their three young children."

It means that all of Dion's upcoming concerts at Las Vegas' Caesars Palace Coliseum are postponed until further notice. Dion's fall tour of Asia is also canceled.

"I want to devote every ounce of my strength and energy to my husband's healing, and to do so, it's important for me to dedicate this time to him and to our children. I also want to apologize to all my fans everywhere, for inconveniencing them, and I thank them so much for their love and support," Dion said. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment