Monday 25 November 2013

I Deserve The Ballon d'Or

Frenchman Franck Ribéry has claimed that he deserves to win the Ballon d'Or more than Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo, because he has won more titles with his club and he has played an equally decisive role for his club and country.



"It's true that Ronaldo scores goals, but I do too. He certainly scores more than I do, but we don't have the same style. I may not score in every match, but I set defences on fire," said the Bayern Munich player in an interview published by the evening newspaper 'Le Monde'.

The player said that he played a decisive role in the playoffs against Ukraine, in which France secured its place in the 2014 World Cup.

"I caused three players to get sent off in two games (two directly and one through a suspension in the second) and I was involved in the three French goals (scored by Sakho and Benzema) at the Stade de France," assured the Bayern player.

The player admitted that "perhaps these sort of details attract less attention", but said that he is "confident" that he will win the award. "I'm not afraid though. I've done what I had to do, and all I can do now is wait for the outcome of the voting," he assured.

Ribéry said that he does not believe that the two-week postponement of the voting deadline decided by FIFA will give the upper hand to Ronaldo, who is enjoying a brilliant run of form.

0 comments:

Post a Comment