Wednesday 20 August 2014

I Regretted Having A Child Out Of Wedlock - Actress Grace Ama

Grace Ama, obviously, has never spoken like this before. The pretty and petite actress, from the bottom of her heart, talked candidly and without holding back anything.
The date was Thursday, July 24, 2014 and the venue, Planet One, on Mobolaji Bank Anthony, Maryland, Lagos. From her humble beginnings to her controversial pregnancy, her entanglement with acting to all the nasty things that have been written about her, the Ebonyi State born movie star poured everything out to YES INTERNATIONAL! Publisher/Editor-in-Chief, AZUH ARINZE, on that beautiful day. Her story…

What makes a good actress?

Someone who interprets her role exceptionally. Yes! That’s basically what it is.

What is your definition of acting?

Acting is make-believe. That’s what acting is. And make-believe because it is not us; it is not that person, but the person trying to act a role and make the audience believe whatever he or she is doing.

What got you interested in acting?

Hmm! I’ve always had love and passion for arts. Even while I was in the nursery school, as little as I was then, I didn’t even know what I was doing. 

So, I did things relating to arts and there was this letter that was given to my parents, which they didn’t read then. 

But some years back, we stumbled into it while we were trying to tidy up some things and in the letter, they said that I love the things of arts and I should be encouraged in the line of arts.

What is the greatest thing that acting has done for you?

Haaaa! It has done so much. Both negatively and positively. But the positive aspect is more. It has given me fame, it has given me recognition. 

There are some places that I go and ordinarily I shouldn’t get the kind of recognition and treatment I get. Acting has given me that. 

And I’m also grateful to God Almighty who has done that because it’s not everybody who does something that is being appreciated. So, I thank God that I am being appreciated for what I do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment